On the modern battlefield the weight of your gear can be a key element – after all, you have to carry everything for hours or in some cases even days. Even more, every gram taken from your equipment weight can be redistributed for the weight of extra ammo. This is why Direct Action® has created the Bearcat® Plate Carrier, which is also a start to a new ultralight tactical equipment system.
Thanks to lightweight, yet durable soft-shell fabrics and reducing the use of laminate to a bare minimum, Direct Action® was able to make one of the lightest plate carriers on the market, without limiting its functionality.
It’s stretchable construction will allow you to fit the most of popular plate shapes, including SAPI and Swimmer Cuts. On the sides of the front panel and on the shoulder straps there are elastic loops for cables, antennas etc. Thanks to a system based approach, the BEARCAT® Plate Carrier is compatible with some of the accessories from the SPITFIRE® system, including its cutaway set.
- Extremely lightweight – only 285 g for size M
- Made in Poland
- *NOTE: No cummerbunds included; various cummerbund options separately available
- *NOTE: No front flap included; various flap options separately available
- *NOTE: Optional comfort pads & cutaway system separately available
- *NOTE: Carrier requires additional plates to function. Minimum recommendation are a set of training plates
The plate carrier its size will depend on what size of ballistic/training plates you use. What plate you should use depends on your individual measurements. Visit the below link to learn how to determine your plate size.
If you know what size of plates you're using, you can select the plate carrier size with the following data:
- Size M: Width x Height = 25,4 x 30,4 cm, Fits SAPI/ESAPI Medium plates or commercial standard: 10 x 12 inch plates.
- Size L: Width x Height = 34,5 x 26,5 cm, Fits SAPI/ESAPI Large plates or commercial 13.6 x 10.4 inch plates.